5 weeks 3 days

5 weeks 3 days
5 weeks 3 days pregnant

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

19 & 20 Weeks! Baby Girl!

20 weeks!


20 weeks!


19 weeks!


Baby Girl at 20 weeks gestation!

The last couple weeks went by fast! I had an appointment with the midwife who said everything looked great and then just had our 20 week ultrasound today! We have a healthy baby girl as you can see above. She is weighing about 11 ounces and is measuring at 19 weeks 6 days, so pretty accurate to the new due date of June 11th. We have a profile shot of her head and torso, and you can see the umbilical cord folded and floating in front of her face. She was laying transverse with her head on my right side and butt on my left. Also, pretty squished and bent in half with her feet and hands in her face for much of the ultrasound. We got quite a few good shots of the external genitalia verifying that she is indeed a girl (as I suspected ;) ). She was also very active and wiggling around a lot during the ultrasound. Sorry no video, I am afraid I may not be able to even view the ones I took from my phone. They did not save in a compatible format... but I will see what I can do to fix the problem. :( 
I have felt her kicks/punches since the middle of week 18 (I will update that post later) and since then have developed from tiny little flicks of movement into stronger pops. Not really painful, but sometimes the kicks feel pretty strong. I'm sure eventually they're not going to be very comfortable... Last week (19) I was weighing around 135, and am about 136 now for a total of 8 pounds gained. The weight came on fast recently, maybe you cannot tell as much as I can from the pics, but I feel much heavier/fuller and tire easily just walking up and down the stairs at home or to class from the bus stop. The good news is that I have noticeably more energy than the first trimester, although I do tire easily and need a nap pretty much everyday or my brain/body are useless all evening. My appetite is really good, thus the rapid weight gain lol.
Well overall a good day with exciting news to share with family/friends! Everyone that knows so far is happy and excited to start buying girl stuff, and we like girls in our family and house I live in (Baby makes 8 girls!). So far I like the name Ariel Grace, but still have 20 weeks to keep brainstorming... 


No comments:

Post a Comment